Thursday 7 April 2011

7.) Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

I think that I have progressed from my preliminary task to the coursework successfully. I mainly feel that I have improved on framing, continuity and the editing part of the process.

When I produced my preliminary task I had never used a camera before and had never used final cut. I was unfortunately working on my own and found it difficult as everything was new to me. However I learnt well eventhough time management was a bit of an issue as I had to do everything myself.

The coursework needed much more time and planning going into it than the preliminary task had previously needed and I was glad that I had a partner this time. By putting our ideas together and working well I feel that we came out with a much better product than if I was working independently. Research into genre and audience was needed before we could do any storyboarding and before and filming could be done. Therefore we needed to focus on our work and have a time limit for each area. In total we had 9 weeks to complete the pre production, production and editing.

I am pleased with the different shots that we included within our film, the shots that i used in my preliminary task were quite basic and sometimes out of frame. Between the preliminary task and the coursework we had experimented and learnt new camera angles and shots that we could inlcude within our film.

Finally I belive that I have aquired the skills i needed from my preliminary task and improved them in order to come out with a good final product.

1 comment: