Thursday 7 April 2011

6.) What have you learn about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I had never filmed before starting this media course or used a Mac computer. I feel that I have learned a lot since the first time filming when carrying out the preliminary task. The first time I used a camera I learnt how to construct long shots, mid shots and close up’s. I learn the importance of the 180 degree rule and how to make someone appear larger or smaller by where you place the camera.



I also learnt how to use final cut on the Macs and improved my understanding of editing vastly. I quickly understood how to cut shots by using I and O and how to add slugs for the titles. I discovered that the size and style of teh font is very important in order to fit together with the narrative. We used AppleGothic as it suited our genre best.

I learnt how to add music over the top of the film footage and was very surprised at how much difference music made to our film.I focused on using the pen to gently alter sound levels in order to balance the sound. It was interesting to experiment with making the sound louder and softer in order to enhance the diagetic and non-diagetic sound within the film. At the end we decided not to include dialogue within our film and to include only music in order to add to the suspense.



Over all I feel that I have progressed largely from the beginning of this course to now. I have thoroughly enjoyed gaining knowledge about the different programmes on the Mac and how to use them.

1 comment: